Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Marcio Takara's Power Girl

Marcio Takara is a professional comic book artist, having done work for Marvel and Image comics. He is currently doing the artwork for The Incredibles, based off of the Disney/Pixar movie of the same name. He also seems to be one of the coolest people you could meet, regularly answering questions from fans on Formspring and Twitter.

Recently, he posted a new illustration of Power Girl on his blog that I loved. I've never really gotten into the Superman side of DC Comics, but the character seems like a cool deviation from the rest of the Super-family.

Nonetheless, I was surprised when I asked if I could give a go at coloring the Power Girl drawing, and was given the go-ahead. So, here is what I came up with.

Art by Marcio Takara, colors by Alex Getts.

All in all, I'm pretty pleased. The hardest part, I thought, was working with the white of Power Girl's body suit, since I'm just not used to that. I also tried to emphasize more light coming from above and from her right, with less light coming from her left. Hopefully my coloring does the beautiful artwork some justice.

You can check out Marcio Takara's process here: pencils, inks, and color. His style of coloring is so unique and enjoyable, so please check it out! And a HUGE thank you for letting me color this piece!

I know it's been a while since I've posted anything original of mine. I didn't finish in time for Superhero Coco's Skeletor contest, but I hope to get a Storm redesign cranked out and submitted by September 5. Hopefully I can get back into the sketching swing of things and get some new stuff posted within the next couple of weeks.

2 comments:

Marcio Takara said...

I like it, man. cool!

Alex Getts said...

Thanks! I'm glad you like it!