Sunday, July 4, 2010

New Old Stuff - Banner Girl



If you drive by Dr. Volt's Comic Connection, you will see this image hanging in their window. No joke. When the store was being moved around or otherwise decorated as a comics emporium, I was allowed to do an original image that has been hanging in the window for several years.


This image comes courtesy of the Dr. Volt's website. You can see her hanging in the window in the left-hand side of the picture.

I didn't want to draw another person's character, so I came up with my own. I think she embodies the spirit of comics, though; that sense of being close to our world, but there is something magical and mysterious about her that sets her apart from the real world.

Since I have it on file, here is the original line art, as well.


Thanks for checking out the old stuff! Hopefully before long I can get back to posting some new things!



No comments: