Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Whole Lot of Sketches

I had an old sketchbook in one of my bags that I don't really use anymore. Part of the reason is that it is a bound sketchbook, which is fine, but I've switched to the ringed book, which I think makes it easier to work with. Additionally, my ringed book is, I believe, 11" x 17"; this older one is an 8 1/2" x 11" book, which isn't bad, but now I can do full-body illustrations without having to forgo detail and/or splice two images together, which I think can be a pain in Photoshop, regardless of how well everything matches up on paper.

Anyhow, the following are some of the better sketches for you to check out; a lot of them are completely unfinished, so keep that in mind. There are a couple of non-comic ones towards the bottom, too.



Wolverine



Gambit



Spider-Man



Robin



Clockwise, from left: Batman, The Joker, Commissioner Gordon, Harley Quinn



Harley Quinn (This Harley, as with the one that preceded it, was a sketch for a comic sequel to The Dark Knight.)



Spyboy



Bombshell



Batman (This was part of a Project: Rooftop-concept redesign, as are several of the following Batman-related drawings.)



Robin



Nightwing



Batgirl



Harley Quinn



Jim (The Office)



A Girl

2 comments:

The Oomrigars said...

you really sketch all of these? they look great! you have a wonderful talent! I cant sketch for the life of me!

Alex Getts said...

Yeah! Thanks for the compliments! These ones are a bit older; the colored images are more recent works. :)