Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Best Part of Waking Up...

As a kid, when I went grocery shopping with my Mom, the one aisle I absolutely hated walking down was the one with all of the coffee. I absolutely hated the smell of it. To this day, I still hate walking down that aisle, and will either do what I can do get what I need on said aisle by going the long way around, or attempting to hold my breath until I feel I have sufficiently evaded the aroma.

Of course, this was long before I discovered coffee shops and brands other than Folger's. Perhaps here we'll take note that I do not drink coffee, but I do enjoy a nice hot chocolate, and several coffee shops I've been in craft fine cups of it. Needless to say, I am happily relieved to walk into a coffee shop and not want to cease breathing.

In any case, a few weeks ago I walked into my office common area where our soda machine and fridge are, and was whacked in the face by an old familiar smell. Next to the microwave is Mr. Coffee, gently bubbling a steaming pot of Folger's. Instinctively, I exhale or avoid breathing whilst walking past there now. On the other hand, Mr. Coffee does remind me of Spaceballs.

No comments: