Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Little Update

Time flies and suddenly the last post you did was something like twenty days ago. So here's what's been going on:

1 - I finally got my band back together. We're working on new stuff finally, and might be adding another guy on guitar, but that's yet to be seen. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

2 - We signed up for Verizon Wireless. After months of dropped calls and dead zones with T-Mobile, we finally gave up and switched. I loved T-Mobile back in the day, but kept having issues with my calls, and was lucky to get through a call, much less recieve it, if I was in my apartment. That's not horribly bad in the summer, but is terrible during the winter. So we switched to Verizon, and are much happier. Granted, there have been a few hiccups, but it's not on a daily basis, so that's great.
When we signed up with Verizon, we got a rebate with our phones, but instead of getting a check, we got gift cards. That ties into the next update.

3 - My birthday was last month, so between it and the Verizon rebate, I've been on the recieving end of a lot of new music and movies. I've recently put the new music from Imogen Heap. New Found Glory, Pete Yorn, Dashboard Confessional, and A Fine Frenzy on my iPod. and have a couple of seasons of The Simpsons and several movies to get through.

4 - I saw The Prestige twice over the weekend. What a trip of a movie! If you have seen it, let me know what you think in the comments!

5 - School has started up again. I'm at the University of Utah now. I don't know how to feel about it. Maybe I'll have better classes next semester, or maybe these ones will turn out to be okay, but I'm feeling a bit lackluster overall thus far.

6 - I found Star Wars: The Force Unleashed for the Wii at Target for $20. The game itself is kind of a mixed bag. At times it feels like it could be more challenging, and it feels a little on the short side, however, it is insanely fun. As in, I want to just keep playing it. There is something really cool about slashing away with a virtual lightsaber and throwing large objects at Stormtroopers. And for $20, that's a pretty good deal.

7 - Labor Day was nice. Good times seeing family and friends and relaxing.

1 comment:

Anne Nichols said...

Sean and I saw The Prestige in the theater when it first came out. A-mazing movie. A bit strange, a bit disturbing - just how I likes my movies. :) I should watch it again actually...