Monday, September 21, 2009

Making Music

I had band practice over the weekend. We took a long break and over the last couple of practices, have started writing some new material.

The best things come out of jams. Tony, our bassist, started experimenting with some chords, which sounded cool on the bass. The progression was similar to one of our other songs, but on the bass sounded totally different, too. So we played with it, and after a while had a start to a new song.

We've been playing together for about three years now (at least, Tony and I have; Nick's been with us for about two years), but upon practicing over the weekend, I was reminded how cool it is for a few people to get together and make music. I'm not necessarily talking about us like we're the coolest thing since sliced bread, but what I mean is that it happens all over the world; people get together, work with one another, and speak a language that surpasses nationalities. Music really is a wonderful thing. I feel very blessed that I have been able to take part of it in any way.

No comments: