Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Please, No...

MTV News and Hollyscoop are reporting that Miley Cyrus, of "Hannah Montana" fame, has talked to Warner Bros. executives about playing Batgirl in an upcoming Batman film.

According to Hollyscoop.com, the "Hannah Montana" star reportedly "stunned" Warner execs during her audition, even dressing for the part in a "full batsuit."

“She was sort of hopping around the room and had even written some dialogue for herself," a source said of Cyrus' audition. "The problem is some people aren’t really convinced Miley has the acting chops to pull it of.”

This conflicts with everything Christopher Nolan has done thus far to establish the new Batman film franchise as something at least semi-plausible. The good news is, I don't think Nolan would ever go for this, and I'm inclined to think that it's either a) not true, or b) Warner's was trying to be nice to Ms. Cyrus and this will never come to be.

At least, I hope it will never come to be. Otherwise, Warner's execs are jsut as good as the ones at FOX that decided to bring back Futurama, only to talk about replacing the voice talent.

2 comments:

Sarbear said...

If Miley Cyrus is batgirl, they better expect that those theaters will be full of pre-teen girls and not adults. I wouldn't go see it! I would be SO disappointed!

Alex Getts said...

Yeah. I completely trust that Christopher Nolan would walk away from a Batman movie before ever letting that happen, but the sad, nightmarish visual I have from reading that story is still with me. :P